Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Graduation jubilation!!!!!!!!!

I'm on watch now to hit a kind of post-high slump. The last couple of times I hit a great high (like when I danced for four hours at my friend's 40th!) I spent the days following feeling low and a bit glum.

So after yesterday's big high - I graduated! - I can already feel a bit of a low creeping in and am going to do all that I can to keep myself feeling good and positive. The longer I live sober the more I start to understand myself and the better I get at managing my feelings naturally. I know I'm capable of hitting great highs, and that sometimes they can dump me down afterwards.. so I'm prepared.

See how the longer you live sober the better you get at it. I'm over 2 years now and I'm still figuring stuff out.

So yesterday... OMG YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!! All those months of hard slog, writing that goddam 40,000 word thesis, the stress, the stress, the stress, yesterday it all paid off and I felt soooooooo good walking across that stage and shaking that man's hand and putting my hat on and walking off again.

The ceremony lasted for 2 hours, my walk of pride lasted for about 8 seconds, but every one was worth a million dollars I'm telling ya. My mum was there and my dad and Mr D and I was soooo sooooo soooo very very very happy to be graduating.

And so happy to be doing it knowing that not only have I got an MA, but I have got myself sober.

Had a lovely soda water to celebrate - in a flute of course! - and the fact that it wasn't champagne didn't matter one iota. Alcohol does not have the power to make my graduation jubilation better. My graduation jubilation was a beautiful, powerful, amazing thing all by itself. Whoop!

(So now you can maybe see why I'm on watch for the comedown.)

And now, if you'll permit me, I'm going to be a bit of a show off.


Love, Mrs D xxx

23 comments:

  1. Well done Mrs D!!!!!!!!!!

    My best wishes to you and your jubilation
    From the Alps
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    You look fantastic and young!

    Enjoy this moment forever...x Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YaY!! Mrs D!! Brilliant stuff! . . and beautiful too !! well done on every bit of all of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this - you deserve to shout it from the rooftops, it is an amazing achievement especially while taking care of young ones and a hubby, moving house AND getting sober. Geez, you should be so proud of yourself. This pic says it all. Well done I think you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs D, that's so fantastic! What an accomplishment! It's so inspiring to see how great you are doing in all this. You're amazing! (And that's a pretty nice picture, too.) Congrats congrats congrats, and take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!! What a huge accomplishment Mrs D!!! You rock

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture of you!!!! So beautiful and so deserving. Congrats my friend!!!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bloody fabulous! What a great picture, I love that huge smile.
    You deserve every moment of glory and I hope you can hang on to the feeling for a bit longer. Maybe highs don't always have to be immediately followed by huge lows...maybe that was just drinking thinking and you are moving so far away from that, every time!
    So happy for you!
    Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Mrs D!!!!! I'm so glad! Your big smile says it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Mrs. D!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. That picture, that smile!! I hope you're really enjoying this accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally awesome! Congratulations and woot woot! Enjoy your jubilation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You get 'em Tiger! Rwaow! ha ha

    Congrats Mrs. D. that is fantastic!! A lot of work involved, and you did it all with panache and persistence. And what a wonderful pic!

    I am so very happy for you :)

    Blessings,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Congratulations Mrs. D! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! So inspiring. I'm only on Day 9 but reading your words is helping to keep me going. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the look of sheer joy and accomplishment on your face! Yay you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey hey Mrs D! Congratulations!!! (I have been away from all things bloggy for ages... but I do creep back and have a little look in to see how you're going!).. FANTASTIC to see that awesome smile after all that hard work! Well done you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hooray for you :) you totally deserve this and more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful, fantastically WELL DONE!!

    What a fabulous read and how great it was to see you, indeed you look like so young. Young and absolutely gorgeous :)

    CONGRATULATIONS and have a great weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is so great! In a day that's had it's ups and downs, this kind of message is just what i need to lift my spirits. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have been battling to leave a comment -- congrats and love that pic of you in triumphant mode!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love, love, love your photo! It really made me smile to see how happy you are. Congratulations x

    ReplyDelete