Friday, October 26, 2018

Milestones...

Had some lovely celebrations recently. My 47th birthday was a couple of weeks ago and yesterday Mr D and I marked 15 years of marriage!

I get through these celebrations without a single thought of reaching for alcohol - so rock solid is my sobriety. My life is just trucking on fine without booze in the picture and for that I am SO SO SO happy and also so grateful to past me for making the big, brave move 7+ years ago.

I'm not visiting here so much any more but I do write blog posts regularly at www.livingsober.org.nz. Our incredible recovery community is going from strength to strength and soon we are relaunching with a whole new look!

I also post regularly on Facebook and Instagram. And also on Twitter.

Hopefully see you there!

Love, Mrs D xxx 


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and happy anniversary! My birthday is next month, and just celebrated 24 years married to my husband. more importantly, my sobriety is now 43 days old. Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!
    I’ve been married to my high school sweetheart for 42 years!
    It’s the best!
    Congratulations!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mrs D. Just finished your book..want to say Thank you for your honesty and your lack of ego in putting it all out there. I am 24 days sober and mostly just loving it..riding the emotional roller coaster..but as you said present and totally there in all the ups and downs....so Thank you..you rock!..bjorny

    ReplyDelete