Monday, February 6, 2012

Another wedding..

Just back from the most lovely, loved up wedding in one of the most beautiful parts of New Zealand.  The bride and groom were just so so happy, it was a joy to witness their love laid out for all us guests.  The event was quite low key yet so perfect in every way.  It was a distinctly kiwi wedding; a good mixture of formal and casual, poignant and emotional yet lots and lots of fun.

For Mr D and I it was a great few days away from the boys, some lovely time alone but mostly an intense time meeting new people and chat, chat, chatting which I thoroughly enjoyed.  There was a lot of drinking but not me of course, and for the most part (aside from a couple of sluggers) everyone held their booze pretty well.

I did feel a bit awkward initially when everyone else was drinking and not me, but after the sun went down I didn't care any more that I wasn't boozing and just joined in with all the boozy talk and took the mickey out of some people spilling their drinks etc.

Right towards the end when there was one bunch of people disco dancing inside and another down the end of the courtyard singing 'Hotel California' loudly while Mr D played guitar, a German woman I'd been chatting with a lot leaned across the table and said to me 'You know, I sink it is very strong, vat you are doing with zee alcohol'.

Yes, yes it is.

Love, Mrs D xxx

P.S.  I smoked a million cigarettes and That.  Is.  It.  No more!

4 comments:

  1. You're a good friend and I think you are strong too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on staying sober Mrs D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a lovely time at the wedding and that sober was no obstacle.
    Hope you had a foxy outfit.
    Jealous that you went to that stuuuuuuuning part of the country.
    Mrs D's sis.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mate!.... and Im always the one passing lemonades to friends feeling like a dickhead.... I know how that feels! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete