Wednesday, September 21, 2011

going strong..

Still feeling good, strong, amazing about my decision to remove alcohol from my life.  Haven't had a single pull to drink.  Mr D is away for work and there's a full bottle of sav in the fridge and some red in the pantry and I didn't even think about it.

I feel like I've been working up to this point for a few years now.  Enough of the mindless pouring of booze down my throat.  Heading in a stupid and very very serious direction with my drinking.  Where did I think it was going to end up?  What sort of life path are you on if you are pouring so much wine down your throat?

I was a 2nd day drinker.  Have a binge, then have a hangover, so the second day is a light one, just 1-3 wines.  Then the next day, no big hangover so have a binge again!  How many hours have I spent thinking about booze, working to obtain it.  Drinking it - being impaired by it. And then recovering from it. How many many hours spent on that.

So now, I have a sober brain and a sober life facing me.  Life, here I am.  That's the raw feeling I suppose.  But what can I achieve now?  Great things! 

Note to self: get new hobby.

Love, Mrs D xxx

2 comments:

  1. Exactly...the endless thinking thinking thinking about alcohol. You must feel so free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A longtime overdueJuly 7, 2014 at 7:37 AM

    Identify with this post absolutely, I was also a 2nd day drinker and boy if I had a day off - that really meant I had earnt the extra. Totally too much time spent thinking and planning around my drinking. And have been aware of too many mindless booze drinking sessions. I ended up sleeping in my car in a central auckland car park because I had planned around the drinking instead of my own safety!!! Insane.

    ReplyDelete