Friday, September 23, 2011

Hello Russia!

Wicked! Had a spike in stats yesterday because of 3 hits from Russia!  Helloooooooo out there.  Are you a housewife and mother harbouring a guilty drinking secret too?  Are you going to try and remove alcohol from your life?  Talk to me!

I dunno, I feel like my blog is so searingly honest and revealing and interesting and witty but .. actually .. it might be .. well .. boring. 

I keep hitting "next blog" when I'm here and finding a whole series of blogs about HOCKEY!!  Or QUILTING!!!!!!  Or just another HAPPY FAMILY!!!  I don't play hockey and I don't quilt.  Actually I don't scrapbook, sew, knit or even arrange flowers (although I do sometimes buy a bunch and put them in a vase).

I cook (a lot), I potter around cleaning my house and looking after my three sons.  I read some novels, crime ones mostly but also autobiographies and just cracking good reads.  I watch a lot of television.  I go to the gym.  I am doing my MA thesis part time.  I try to be a good friend, neighbour, sister, daughter, mother and wife.  And up until about 2 months ago. I drank a lot of wine.  A lot.  A crap-load of wine.

So now I don't do that.  I blog instead but that doesn't fill in as much time as the wine did.  Some of my books are now about sobriety and "unfolding enlightenment" (blah) but otherwise my life is the same. 

But now, without the wine, it feels quite boring.  You've got to cut me some slack about that.  I have had wine spicing things up regularly for 20 years. 

Love, Mrs D xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm also trying to stop drinking. I can relate to much of what you have posted. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to read a blog about hockey, or cooking, or scrapbooking (well, I do like scrapbooking!!! ) ...but NO...I needed to find something that I could connect to that would help me overcome this addiction...I knew from the first night that I bought a bottle of wine and brought it home and had just one glass while making dinner. I still remember that moment ...about 12 yrs ago. I knew that was a turning point...a bad one...in my life. And now this is another turning point...a good one. Thank you for helping me by sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A longtime overdueJuly 8, 2014 at 11:17 PM

    Another day, another clear head and more sadness around family illness. But a mid afternoon highlight with work - first thought - 'well done me, I have done so good I deserve a drink!', even considered giving in, seriously. But then sadness kicked in and I am still so tired, so no desire for alcohol to make matters worse. And getting tonnes of signs from the Universe that this journey is for me. Still bloody hard, when you are doing it for the right reasons when you still love the taste, the smell, the act, the effect. Really hard when it is your reward or your crutch.

    ReplyDelete