Saturday, October 8, 2011

To Her..

I have a follower!  My first follower!  Her name is Her and she is somewhere in America, trying trying trying to become sober.  She is a mother, a wife, a daughter and a drinker.  I have posted comments to Her blog, wishing Her all the best, willing Her to stay strong, willing Her to victory over this nasty sly addiction.  I want that sly drinking fox out of her brain!

The Her my follower could be any one of thousands of fabulous women out there who are dysfunctional drinkers.  Actually make that millions around the world.  How crazy is it that this drug is so socially acceptable even though so many people struggle with it and it ruins their lives?  I am determined to be one of those really cool, strong people who in years to come will say casually, "yeah I gave up alcohol a while ago, it just wasn't agreeing with me any more.  I'm much happier without it in my life."

That will be me.  That will be Her.

Love, Mrs D xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs D. I'm reading from over the ditch :-) I found you from a comment you left on Crying Out Now.
    I had 5 months sober and loved it but recently I've slipped back into my old habits. I've read all of your posts and can see so much of my own story in your story. I'll be popping in to read your updates and wish you all the best.
    I want to be where you are now again. I felt so good when I didn't drink. I need to get that feeling back.

    Take care.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jo - give it a go again! Go on, we can do this! It's so strange and annoying how we can be so strong one minute and so weak the next. I do understand. You'll get back to a point when you want to try again and I'll be with you all the way. xxxx

    ReplyDelete